Installing new front indicator units

The front indicator units were rusty and the wiring was cracked and frayed. I couldn’t remove the bulbs from the units so I decided to replace both units entirely.

The new units have two primary connectors. A dual wire push socket and a separate pin socket. Thankfully the dual wire push socket mated with the old wiring but the separate pin connector did not. After a bit of trial and error I figured out that this was just a ground, so I cut off the pin connector and spliced it into a ground wire that a PO had installed.

The indicators work again – Happy days 🙂

%d bloggers like this: