Ok, so not the most interesting post but it’s been a long time coming. The horn didn’t work when I got the car. I found that one of the plungers was broken and then found out I had a Grant horn hub which are notorious for issues and worse, fires! After a few false startsContinue reading “Horn!”
Ok, so the purists will scoff, however I’m extremely impressed with the 2k spray can paint job. A few hours of prep (lots of tape) and I think it looks good. It has a shine that it hasn’t had in the 7 years I’ve had the car. Take a look at the pictures in theContinue reading “A spray can paint job?”
I managed to get the old rope rear main seal out and replaced with a new non-rope one. A friend then helped me reinstall the engine. I now have to start putting everything back together so I can try starting her up….hopefully with no issues.
Finally, after a few weeks of worry, the engine came out of the car without any major issues. I had a fiend helping and between us we had the engine out and on an engine stand in about an hour. Next I need to figure out how I can get the rope main seal outContinue reading “The engine is out!”
Ok, so I’ve got over the. downer of finding a cracked piston skirt on the 289. I’ve decided to remove the engine, sort out the rear main seal, put her all back together and run it as it is whilst looking for a replacement engine. I’m also moving forward with replacing the carpets, finishing upContinue reading “It’s not a problem…its a project”
Whilst working on replacing the rear main seal I found a piston had a cracked skirt. This really took the wind out of my sails as it means (if I want piece of mind) that the engine needs to come out of the car for a rebuild. I’m now looking for a specialist 😦
After many many months the car is finally back on the ground. It now feels very odd to have the car so low and I had a minor blip (and panic attack) when I had absolutely no gears (Transmission was out of fluid!!) but I’m pleased to have it back on the ground…at least untilContinue reading “We have touch down!”
I managed to complete a lot of small things this weekend. The brakes have been bled, the new tunnel mounted e-brake is working, the rear indicator/brake units are installed, wiring has been tidied up under the dash…oh and the drivers side fender is back on and the driveshaft is back in also. She is closeContinue reading “It’s the small things…”
Finally, after 7 months I was able to start her up. There is still lots to do (quite overwhelming actually) but it’s great to hear her purr once again..although it was more like a cough & a sneeze to start with (see the item in projects called “the importance of spark plug gapping”). Hoping toContinue reading “It’s alive!”
Things are starting to move at pace. This weekend I was able to finish both the driver & passenger torque box replacement as well as geting the driver side trunk floor welded into place. All the photographs are in the underway projects section for those that are interested.